- Digital Library
- Mobile Apps
Montana Shared Catalog for Android or Apple iOS
The Montana Shared Catalog app makes it quick and easy to access your local library on the go! Search your library’s catalog, manage your account, and find suggested reading instantly with your Android or Apple iOS device. To download the app, search "Montana Shared Catalog" in the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Easy account access & digital library cards for the whole family
- Place and manage holds
- Renew materials and review current checkouts
- View nearby libraries and open hours
- Digitally browse the library and find your item
Download from the Apple App Store
Shoutbomb SMS Text Notification Service
Keep up-to-date with your library account activity on your mobile phone via text message. This service is provided by Shoutbomb. Please note that while the Library does not charge a fee to use the Shoutbomb service, your mobile phone service plan standard text messaging rates apply.
With the Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone to receive text notices about holds that are available, items that are due soon, overdue items, fines that are added to your account and renew items. Texts will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message and will usually arrive around 9am.
If you have questions about Shoutbomb, or if you have trouble signing up, please contact us at (406) 447-1690.
What You Need:
- A mobile phone and wireless service that can send text messages to an email address.
- The barcode number from your Library card.
- The PIN for your library account. If you don't know your pin, please contact us at (406) 447-1690.
Sign up with a text message
You can complete the entire sign up process with text messages.
To sign up, use your mobile phone to send a text message to (406)215-4240 with the following as the body of the text message:
SIGNUP+YourCard#+YourPin without spaces (ensure you include the + signs).
For example, if your Library Card # is "21234567890123" and your pin is TEST you would text this string: SIGNUP+21234567890123+TEST